6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 2:29 PM by Harm Millaard

Adobe Media Encoder Mac problem

Jef Gibbons

Hi folks,

I've put off posting this for 2 months now in the hopes that I could figure it out myself by reading through the myriad of other posts on this, but I'm at the end of my efforts with no luck.

First off, system specs:

Mac Pro 2.8 GHz 8 core, 12 GB RAM, Leopard 10.5.8

Adobe Prod Premium Suite CS4 latest versions

Files: H264 1280x720 from Canon T1i, also same prob for any projects with footage from Canon HV30

Problem: same old one that's been posted a million times-

-click export and it opens media encoder, hit encode and it says "loading" for about 5 minutes, then gives the ole' "Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted" error

Things I have tried or noted:

-Uninstalled, Ran CS4 clean, removed anything (prefs etc) Adobe, Reinstalled

-made sure no Red Giant demos were on the machine

-repaired permissions

I tried doing it on my Macbook Pro, and it works just fine, so the prob is specific to my mac pro

If there is any other ideas for this, please let me know, I've seen numerous suggestions for Windows, but not for mac.

One interesting thing is that Premiere crashed about a dozen times when I open it for the first time after an install, being an audio engineer, I have a ton of vst instruments on the machine, and it seemed like it would crash on initializing many of the plug-ins.  Native instruments in particular were bad, but after each restart it would move on to the next plug-in.  It did do this on the Macbook Pro as well though...

This is getting very frustrating as I love working with Premiere, but the only option for me has been to open the project in After Effects, and export from there... far from ideal.

Any ideas?  Any other info needed?  Thanks for any help!