8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2007 5:33 PM by zazzo9

Design View

OSavill
      First please let me say that a release of Flex Builder for Linux is absolutely fantastic. Couldn't find the "send us praise" button so I'll post it here :-)

To the main point. An absolute must have for Flex Builder is Design View. Please can someone tell me when Design View is scheduled to appear?

Many thanks.
        • 1. Re: Design View
          maximus3d
          I agree, Flex under Linux - it's fantastic!

But what kind of builder it is, if it has no Design View? There is no even list of available tags/elements to drag into mxml.
          • 2. Re: Design View
            jaydeex Level 1
            HI,

same here, we begun experimenting with the tool and it is great.

The designer is a must have feature though for a more complete experience. we certainly cast our vote in favor of a designer feature.

thanks
            • 3. Re: Design View
              Adobe_Phil
              Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I can't commit to whether we'll deliver the design view anytime soon, but one of the reasons we put out the alpha early was to get feedback on what was most important to include.

Please make sure to file an enhancement request against the Flex Builder Linux project ( http://bugs.adobe.com/flex) and encourage others to vote for it if they find it important.

Phil
              • 4. Re: Design View
                jaydeex Level 1
                Hi,

due to the importance of this feature, i went ahead and created an enhancement report for this feature.

the key is: FBE-207

Enhancement Report Link

please support it :)
                • 5. Re: Design View
                  fsoft
                  Personally, I don't feel the need of a GUI IDE. Good documentation and MXML examples are all you need to create great apps without hassle.
                  I'd like to see all this stuff better integrated with the bash shell, so I can use vim to create sources and "make" to compile them ;-)
                  • 6. Re: Design View
                    geoken2
                    It's not about needing an IDE. It's about being able to quckly view changes in your design related code. When you're doing something simple like changing the color of text it becomes pretty cumbersome to re-compile each time you make a slight change.
                    • 7. Re: Design View
                      bunak006
                      are you speak turkish
                      • 8. Re: Design View
                        zazzo9 Level 3
                        quote:

Originally posted by: fsoft
                        Personally, I don't feel the need of a GUI IDE. Good documentation and MXML examples are all you need to create great apps without hassle.
                        I'd like to see all this stuff better integrated with the bash shell, so I can use vim to create sources and "make" to compile them ;-)

You can do this already with the free platform-independent flex sdk and the accompanying language reference. I've been coding flash apps with makefiles and the flex compiler shell for some time. Flex Builder, however, is a GUI IDE, and is missing much without a design view.