3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 7:33 PM by Chet Haase

Pause Command?

Daniel Pride Level 1

I have set up several states with transitions and now I want to step through them as a slide show.

Currently trying to just write a script that changes currentState on cue

Is there something nice like a "Pause(x);" or do I need to create a timer or is there some other
      slick way to handle this in 4?

Thanks

Dan Pride

• 1. Re: Pause Command?
          pauland Level 4

You'll need a timer. There is no way to temporarily stop the execution of a script mid-way and then resume execution.

• 2. Re: Pause Command?
            David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

If you are using transitions as a slideshow as long as there is a 'fixed' length pause its fairly simple, you animate once with a start delay of the required pause. In the end effect event you change the target properties and trigger the transition again.

For a slightly more complex arrangement you have an array of info for each of the transitions (duration/delay etc) you cyle through this with a counter nice and simple. I have found that with the flex 4 transiotns that I have been able to remove timers almost completely from old code.

The following link is not done with states but its an exercise I did when seeing how hard it would be to move from a flash timeline to a flex swf using filters and amimations. The best part was that parallel transitions where much smoother than Flash(the frame rate remained consistant).

http://gumbo.flashhub.net/menu/ - source enabled

David.

• 3. Re: Pause Command?
              Chet Haase Level 3

Another possibility to explore: we enhanced the Pause effect in Flex 4 to optionally end when it receives a particular event. Not sure what you want to cue off of, or how you'd combine it with your other transition effects, but it's another tool in the box.

Chet.

1 person found this helpful