7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 6:29 AM by 370H55V

Adobe Reader printing issues

Forney1

I am trying to print a PDF page that was emailed to me and I receive a error message

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader printing issues
          370H55V Level 4

It would be of great help to those trying to assist you if you were to state what the message is.

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader printing issues
            Forney1 Level 1

I am trying to print a PDF page that was emailed to me and I receive a error message. I can not open Adobe Reader.

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader printing issues
              370H55V Level 4

Since there are literally as many different error messages as there are lines of code in Windows and every piece of software ever created, I'll have to be more blunt.

Just what exactly is the exact complete wording of the error message you see?

Hint: "An error message" is NOT a correct answer to my question.

If anyone here is going to be able to help you, you will need to state the exact ording of the error message, what specific step in the printing process you are at when it occurs, what Operating System you are using, what make and model of printer you are using, and what version (number) of Adobe Reader you are using.

• 4. Re: Adobe Reader printing issues
                Forney1 Level 1

Adobe Reader 9.3 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry

for the inconvenience.

• 5. Re: Adobe Reader printing issues
                  370H55V Level 4

I'm going on the assumption (since you didn't indicate anything) that you are using Windows XP.

A lot of times, this is caused by Hardware Acceleration settings. Try this:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
                  2. Click Appearance and Themes.
                  3. Click Display.
                  4. On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
                  5. On the Troubleshoot tab, move the Hardware acceleration slider  control to the third position (from the left), and then click OK.
                  6. Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.

Reboot and try printing again.

• 6. Re: Adobe Reader printing issues
                    Forney1 Level 1

My operating system is XP, my printer is HP Officejet wireless I tried the

steps you suggested and I still get the error message (Adobe Reader 9.3 has

encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for the

inconvenience).

• 7. Re: Adobe Reader printing issues
                      370H55V Level 4

Have you tried connecting the printer by cable to see if it will print via a "hard" connection?