1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2010 9:19 PM by Wade_Zimmerman

How do you create PDF of multiple layers in Illustrator CS3 so each layer is on separate page?

grafxlounge

I am using CS3 and designing business cards. I have 10 names layed out as a separate layer in Illustrator.

I am now trying to save the Illustrator file as a PDF so that each business card appears on 1 page in 1 PDF document.

The PDF is saving as one page with all the names jumbled together rather than as separate pages. Clicking "Create Acrobat Layers from Top-Level Layers" does not work. Does anyone know how to save multiple page PDF from a layered Illustrator file? Thanks.

• 1. Re: How do you create PDF of multiple layers in Illustrator CS3 so each layer is on separate page?
          Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

with a script probably check with the Illustrator scripting forum

the is away you can manually do it but it is quite cumbersome you make a document large enough to tile to the number of pages you need in the pdf.

then position in order of the tiles the art  and as you position the art you also create a new layer for that art. You don't actually have a different layer in this case for each page you just really need the art properly tiled.

You then have to print to pdf or to postscript and then distill.

Like I say very cumbersome but it was the way they use to do it. CS 4 makes this easier though different layers would still require a script.

Best to use different artboards.