2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2010 12:46 AM by Jansoft

Updating a Photoshop File

dragotron75 Level 1

I imported a photoshop file and started creating all of my states... I now want to change the logo that I have within my PSD file. What is the best way to do this? I tried updating the logo in PS without changing the layer name or anything. Pressing Save and then refresh in FC. However, that didn't do the trick.

Is there something i'm missing? Maybe there is another way I can replace the logo in FC?

• 1. Re: Updating a Photoshop File
          Peter Flynn (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Hi dragotron,

When you import a .psd into Flash Catalyst, you're not creating a permanent link between the two files -- so editing the original .psd won't affect anything in Catalyst.  In the final shipping version of Catalyst 1.0, you should be able to bring the Catalyst project back into Photoshop to edit the graphics (via a Photoshop plugin) -- similar to the Modify > Edit in Adobe Illustrator workflow you currently see in beta 2.

For beta 2, your best bet is to make the changes in Photoshop, drag those layers into a new .psd, import that into your existing Catalyst project, and then delete the old logo.  To import a .psd into an existing project, just choose File > Import > Adobe Photoshop File while your project is already open.

Hope that helps!

- Peter

• 2. Re: Updating a Photoshop File
            Jansoft

Thanks for the infomation.It 's very useful