1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2011 11:33 AM by JakeHand

CF 9 - error creating verity collection

redtopia Level 1

When creating a new verity collection in CF 9 administrator, I get the following error: (englishx, category support is on)

Unable to create collection tss.
      Error calling Verity API to create a category index for collection tss.
      The configuration file that ColdFusion needs (C:\ColdFusion9\lib\pi-outline.xml) may be missing or unreadable. The error was: com.verity.organize.WorkSpaceException: Path not found [VdkError_PathNotFound]. (-104)

The file "C:\ColdFusion9\lib\pi-outline.xml" does exist and looks like valid XML to me. The contents are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<PIDef>
          <VdkField name="VdkVgwKey" vdkField="VdkVgwKey"/>
          <BucketSetDef name="CF_TREE_CATEGORY" vdkField="CF_TREE_CATEGORY" type="Tree" Separator="/" defaultValue=""></BucketSetDef>
          <BucketSetDef name="CF_ENUM_CATEGORY" vdkField="CF_ENUM_CATEGORY" type="String" Delimiter="," defaultValue=""></BucketSetDef>
      </PIDef>

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: CF 9 - error creating verity collection
          JakeHand Level 1

Redtopia,

This is a bit late, but I received the same error in CF 9, and it was fixed by following the directions here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/cfe19ecb.html

To summarize, the error can occur if there is not enough disk space for Verity to create its workspaces. This can be remedied by doing the following:

1. Stop the ColdFusion Search Server service.
          2. Delete all of the directories under the cf_root\verity\Data\services\ColdFusionK2_indexserver1\ws directory.
          3. Restart the ColdFusion Search Server service.
          4. Re-index the collection.