3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2007 1:49 PM by RoujanGreg

Title gifs said to be fuzzy

RoujanGreg
      Hello,

I've been told that the text on this page is fuzzy.

It looks perfect on my Mac - and on my PC. But others say it looks really fuzzy on their PCs with a slight halo around the lettering.

You can see the gifs and jpegs here:

www.mywebspinners. com/tw/test.htm

I've done all sorts of variations - but am told they ALL look pretty fuzzy.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I really am at my wits' end on this one...

Thanks,

- Greg
        • 1. Re: Title gifs said to be fuzzy
          JoeDaSilva Level 4
          Clients will tend to get an idea in their head sometimes, and the clients cohorts will tend to agree with the "alpha-client".

I'd suggest just using no anti-aliasing. Then of course don't show the final product in your portfolio.

The gif of crisp antialias is in no way "fuzzy".
          • 2. Re: Title gifs said to be fuzzy
            pixlor Level 4
            Because the detailed forms of the letters are mapped to the pixel grid (aliased), they will look fuzzy. There are a couple things you can do to minimize the problem. First, use a font that has been specifically designed to work well on screen. The fonts Microsoft tweaked for IE are good, although they're now quite common. I think I saw some fonts on Veer that mentioned they were designed to work on screen, but I wasn't looking for screen fonts, so I don't remember what they were.

Second...make your font images twice as big as you want them, save, then reduce to 50% (or four times larger and reduce to 25% of the original size). See, for example, the differences between the aliasing in these samples, (all Arial, an MS screen font). I think that the reduced 36pt samples look better than the 18pt samples,

• 3. Re: Title gifs said to be fuzzy
              RoujanGreg Level 1
              Thank you all very much. I'll try all your suggestions.... Fingers crossed.