2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 2:56 AM by Jacob Bugge

Fills and Strokes

Craig_5br

Hello,

Recently we have bought a VP300 printer and its great. We use this for shirt printing mainly... the question I have is when a customer has for example a 3 colour job (e.g 1st outline black, 2nd outline red and main colour white) I currently create the name and number to the size I need and duplicate this 3 times and apply the stoke around each part as I need the 1st outlne to have a cutmark around it.. is there a way of doing this easily?

Idealy I would like to use appearance tab as I have more control on what I can do and it would be quicker for me when I need to change names and numbers etc... although when I do it this way I cannot see a way to outline the stroke - I need to do this because the fonts I use will not embed in the eps so when I import it into VersaWorks it applys a standard font.

I hope this makes sense to somebody.

Cheers

C

• 1. Re: Fills and Strokes
          MW2009

Hi,

I'm not too sure if this is what you're looking for but...

You can outline the fonts by going to Type>Create Outlines

and you can outline the strokes by going to Object>Expand...

• 2. Re: Fills and Strokes
            Jacob Bugge MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Craig,

In order to get what I think you want, you may:

1) Create the Type (main colour white);

2) In the Appearance palette/panel Add New Stroke (with the outermost shape black);

3) In the Appearance palette/panel Add New Stroke (with the intermediate shape red);

This should give the appearance as Live Type (I believe that is what your question starts with), and then:

4) Type>Create Outlines to get a Group of (Compound/simple) letter shaped Paths;

5) Object>Expand Appearance to get three Groups of (Compound/simple) letter shaped Paths, one for each colour;

6) In the Layers palette/panel select the black Group and Object>Path>Outline Stroke.