2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2010 3:18 AM by Wade_Zimmerman

cs1 drawings don't open properly in cs4?

Nick Gammon

Drawings I made in cs1 won't open properly in cs4? I just get a message which says the program can't read this illustration and then I have only parts of the image. They still work in cs1 normally. The problematic parts of the image had a gaussian blur and transparency, but even when I delete these effects still I can't open them in cs4. Any ideas anybody?

• 1. Re: cs1 drawings don't open properly in cs4?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Flatten transparency? These parts of the code have been changed around quite ab it in recent versions, so IMO incompatibilities with older implementations may be unavoidable. I would also look into spot colors. sometimes outdated swatches in combination with transparency cause issues when opened in newer versions that use updated color books....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: cs1 drawings don't open properly in cs4?
            Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

That's a very good thought about the spot color libraries they have been updated by at least Pantone.

Did you try to place the file in a new empty ai document sometimes placing strips the fie of unnecessary codeit seems.

If that doesn't work try placing or opening in Photoshop saving it as a psd (if the layers survive and placing or opening that in Illustrator.

Or save it as .ps or rather print it as a .ps file from AI CS2 and opening that in AI CS 4 , you might have to distill it first. The postscript will look right but you will not be happy with the result.