• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8 fails to launch

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 8.0.0.203 will not launch on my desktop PC: I've tried the shortcut, selecting a project file and clicking "Open with", and opening from the Programs list. Same results: 1 or 2 seconds of churn, then the cursor goes back to a pointer and nothing else happens. My IT department has done a repair, an uninstall/reinstall (multiple times) and an unstall/remove any legacy files/reinstall. None of these things have fixed my problem. This is the second time I have had this problem. Uninstall/reinstall fixed it last time. It worked for about 6 weeks before the problem popped up again. I am authoring in Framemaker, linking the files, and producing HTML help.

As a stopgap measure, I have been running RoboHelp and Framemaker on a laptop--a very old laptop. I've been using RH heavily for about 2 weeks and now I am having trouble updating my RH project. I have done this successfully numerous times, but today, update causes RH to shut down. I see that the processing of FM files starts, then there is no error message, RH simply shuts down. A couple of isses that might be impacting the performance on the laptop:

* I had to move the FM and linked RH files numerous times. I think RH forgets where its FM files are.

* I had to delete the original FM source book and link a new book. When I did that, I lost my topic files (set to break at H1, H2). All I see is the title of the chapter. I figured that updating the project would fix this, but it is this update which causes RH to shutdown.

So now I have 3 computers, and I cannot use RH on any of them. I am quite dissatisfied. Needless to say, I am working on a deadline, and I am already delivering late due to these issues. The failure to generate today could be something I have broken; I'm going to recreate the project and re-link the FM files. I have no confidence that I will be able to generate my project after I do this.

I did see a previous thread about failure to launch, but the resolution to that issue had to do with video drivers and using 2 monitors simultaneously. I have one monitor.

Help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like an over-active virus scanner or firewall if you can't even start up the RH .exe (without a project)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp