2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2010 2:49 PM by pagan_dev

    Output.Print printing all PDFs double-sided

    pagan_dev

      Hello

       

      According to the following article it is possible to configure a PDF to print single or double sided in the Adobe LiveCycle Designer:

      http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=000089.html#15813 85

       

      I follow these exact steps and configure the PDF Template "Printing" setting at the (Master Pages) hierarchy to "Print on Front Side Only" and then print the PDF by using the LiveCycle Output ES service. The PDF continuously prints double-sided regardless of the value I set. Interestingly enough the printer properties are configured to print single sided on the OS and if I print the PDF using Adobe Reader it prints single-sided. This leads me to believe that the Output service is specifically telling the printer "print me double-sided".

       

      Any help would be appreciated.

       

      I'm running Adobe LiveCycle ES version 8.0.1

        • 1. Re: Output.Print printing all PDFs double-sided
          GilbertYu

          I'm not sure if that version includes a sample OutputIVS. But if it does, you can more easily determine the settings to use to get the desired output. Here's a link: http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycledocs/2009/04/output_ivs_a_useful_output_es.html. You might need to deploy the OutputIVS EAR file on your LiveCycle server. Hope that helps!

          • 2. Re: Output.Print printing all PDFs double-sided
            pagan_dev Level 1

            Thank you for the reference. It was included in the LiveCycle install I just had to move over a copy to the JBoss directory that the article specified. It is an easier way of testing I found that if I set the output file type to PDF the document prints double-sided but if I change the output file type to PCL or PostScript it prints single-sided. Unfortunately we currently generate all our documents as a PDF output and it seems like we would have to make a subsequent call to the Output service for every document we generate just to have a PostScript output. I'm sure it goes without saying this is not very efficient.

             

            Thanks again for the reference it did help solidify my findings that the issue does lie with the Output service and how it handles the PDF file type. I have a ticket open with Adobe Support if they get back to me with a helpful response I will post it to this thread. I can't possibly be the only one experiencing this issue.