• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to de-authorize / re-authorize computer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Digital Editions (DE) on a new computer, I apparently authorized it using the wrong account. Now, when I attempt to add an item that I bought with the right account, DE displays the following error message:

"Document is licensed for a different user account"

How do I de-authorize the wrong account and re-authorize the right account?

I'm using WinXP SP3 and DE 1.7. And I'm comfortable editing the Registry!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Ctrl-Shift-D (Cmd-Shift-D for Mac) will bring up the dialog to remove the authorization from the machine.  Note this does not increase your activation allowance, and instead simply erases the activation information from the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl-Shift-D (Cmd-Shift-D for Mac) will bring up the dialog to remove the authorization from the machine.  Note this does not increase your activation allowance, and instead simply erases the activation information from the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2010 Mar 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheesh! Why isn't this documented anywhere? But thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with many of my purchases tyring to put on Literati (Shaper Image) unit,I am running Window7. Can you assit with the steps to solve this problem?  I have a Nook and purchased items from B&N, I want to also read those same items on the Literati, a few of the items do show on the Literati and in ADE, I followed all the instructions on setting this up but this having no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2011 Aug 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This CTRL/SHIFT/D didn't do anything for me.  It did not bring up a window.  Perhaps you could elaborate as I obviously missed a step.  Exactly where are you when you preform this?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2011 Aug 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is embarrassing.  The third time I tried, the CTRL/SHIFT/D worked, so I have happily deauthorized and reauthorized my computer.  I have come to the conclusion that, in the battle of the bytes, this computer is winning. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2011 Aug 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

To add to the question, if I de-authorize and re-authorize to change the email (account) information, do I loose the ability to read what I had previously purchased and loaded (using the previous account ID)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2011 Aug 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those ebooks were downloaded and associated with the previous account. I'm

betting that you're going to see a 'license fulfilled by another user'

message. HOWEVER, others in that situation have contacted Adobe and have

found a way to fix that situation.

===============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

trying to deauthrize the account. However, it is stating an inputed user "authorized user:" along with typing a password to deauthroized the account. The adobe people said the account it not found. How am i supposed to deauthorize the account if I cant get the password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines