3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2010 10:00 AM by JimHess-8IPblY

Unable to Open Camera Raw Presets

Kalish1671

I am trying to open some raw presets I purchased in raw. When I try to load it says the raw conversion settings file is invalid. My head hurts trying to figure this out. Anyone..please!

• 1. Re: Unable to Open Camera Raw Presets
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Wherever you bought the presets should have told you EXACTLY how to deal with them for proper installation...and they are the ones who should be giving you tech support...

You don't mention what platform you are on (kinda tough to help you without knowing) but on a Mac, the presets will be located in User:Library:Application Support: Adobe:CameraRaw:Settings. On a PC, look in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings.

• 2. Re: Unable to Open Camera Raw Presets
            Kalish1671 Level 1

Hi Jeff.   I agree completely. I emailed her and she said someone else was having problems and this other persone figured it out on her own..with that being said..I know how to locate them(pc)..when I go into the file and then try to import it into raw that is when the box pops up saying raw conversion setting file invalid. I have searched and searched for what this means and amazingly I cannot find a thing. I appreciate the help. If I just knew what or how to change the settings or whatever it is they are telling me then maybe

• 3. Re: Unable to Open Camera Raw Presets
              JimHess-8IPblY Level 3

Where did these profiles come from that you purchased?  Are you not able to use the profiles provided by Adobe?  What camera do you have, and what version of Camera Raw?