I just downloaded a new copy of Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and much like a previous question here, I am also having problems with a playback view. In the source viewer, my images are pixulated and not formatted correctlly for viewing. What am I doing wrong?? In the picture below I tested with a simple title and this is the outcome. I am working with a Dell Inspiron 9200 PC 2Ghz. processor, w/2 gig ram, well over 30 GB of space. I now its the minimum platform but I still would think this works. Any assistance would greatlly help. Thank you.
- 2GHz or faster processor for DV; 3.4GHz for HDV; dual 2.8GHz for HD*
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended) or Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit Windows XP and 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista)
- 2GB of RAM
- 10GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on flash-based storage devices)
- 1,280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0–compatible graphics card
- Dedicated 7200 RPM hard drive for DV and HDV editing; striped disk array storage (RAID 0) for HD; SCSI disk subsystem preferred
- For SD/HD workflows, an Adobe-certified card for capture and export to tape
- OHCI-compatible IEEE 1394 port for DV and HDV capture, export to tape, and transmit to DV device
- DVD-ROM drive (DVD+-R burner required for DVD creation)
- Blu-ray burner required for Blu-ray disc creation
- Microsoft Windows Driver Model– or ASIO-compatible sound card
- QuickTime 7.4.5 software required to use QuickTime features
- Broadband Internet connection required for online services†
Seems like you are missing something. So you don't meet minimum requirements, and when Adobe says Minimum, that is absolutely minimum, completely intolerable for most. What video card/chip is installed with what memory?