19 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2010 7:56 AM by al j

Editing text in Dreamweaver CS4 on Mac 10.6.2 causes paragraph ends to disapear

al j

Editing text in Dreamweaver CS4 on Mac 10.6.2 causes paragraph ends to disappear.

When adding bold in design view (strong) to two words at the start of my paragraph the last line of the paragraph disappears. This is somewhat worrying as it means any editing I do in dreamweaver could do massive amounts of damage to the content.

We are pasting the original content into the code view so as to strip the formating Dreamweaver then decides to take the last line break in the source code paragraph and then delete it see example below:

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean dignissim nisi id risus varius ut scelerisque massa consectetur. Vestibulum non tortor augue, sit amet dictum lacus. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Curabitur ultrices felis et dui tincidunt sit amet tristique est pulvinar. Nulla a lectus quis erat ornare ultricies. Sed ac elementum magna. Nulla aliquet accumsan nulla. In dictum accumsan tortor eget consequat. Suspendisse potenti. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc et orci eu augue condimentum sodales quis id mauris. Nam enim nisi, convallis eu volutpat non, malesuada quis nulla. Sed auctor nulla et tellus vehicula lacinia interdum odio lobortis vehicula lacinia interdum odio.</p>

So when applying Strong with the Bold button in the design view to the first words 'Lorem ipsum' the last part of the paragraph 'lobortis vehicula lacinia interdum odio' will be deleted. Bizare and very dangerous especially for Annual Report content.

Any experience of similar or solutions would be greatly received.

PS. I have restarted, repaired permissions, checked dreamweaver is up to date trashed plist's and removed duplicate fonts.