1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2010 8:53 AM by davidkano

Problems on Windows 7 Professional 64 with PHP data service

davidkano

I've created a data service using PHP in a PHP Eclipse project and I'm trying to connect to it from my new Flash project. When I try to create a custom data type via the Configure Return Type dialog, "Auto detect the return type from sample data" radio button, I get the following error:

There was an error while invoking the operation. Check  your operation inputs or server code and try invoking the operation again. 

Reason:
      Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (HY000/2003): Can't connect to MySQL  server on 'localhost' (10061) in  C:\Users\davidk\workspace\php-global-includes\mysqlAccess.inc.php on line  11
          /0/onStatusÿÿÿÿ �SIflex.messaging.messages.ErrorMessage extendedData faultCode faultDetail faultString rootCause correlationId clientId destination messageId timestamp timeToLive headers  body  „m …a#0  C:\Zend\ZendServer\share\ZendFramework\library\Zend\Amf\Server.php(550):  Zend_Amf_Server->_dispatch('getProductVersi...', Array, 'GetPlayData')#1  C:\Zend\ZendServer\share\ZendFramework\library\Zend\Amf\Server.php(626):  Zend_Amf_Server->_handle(Object(Zend_Amf_Request_Http))#2  C:\Zend\Apache2\htdocs\play-debug\gateway.php(69):  Zend_Amf_Server->handle()#3 {main} ‚UError instantiating class GetPlayData to  invoke method getProductVersions: Error connecting to database server as user  via password configured in  config_cdna_testdb.php  IE83D9958-920E-E203-54BC-E5365BD85289 I5496259E-8C36-AC89-E234-00000D37FD49  I7E8A1BD7-9D60-9329-DBFB-00001B5BE8C7  126823334100     

Note that I've tested the GetPlayData class and the getProductVersions() method with some simple "unit testing" code and it works fine when I execute it directly. It just won't run when called from this dialog.

I tried to debug the gateway.php process that is used to do this connecting without much success so far.

Is Windows 7 supported for PHP data service development in this beta release? I'm using Version 4.0 build 253292

• 1. Re: Problems on Windows 7 Professional 64 with PHP data service
          davidkano Level 1

One more clue: the message from the exception shows that the global variables I'm using to configure the MySQL connection parameters are not set somehow. Maybe I need to upgrade my Zend Framework?

Nope. I upgraded to the latest Zend Framework and it still did not work. The global variables are not working. When I hard coded the connection parameters into the constructor of the GetPlayData class, then it worked fine. I just switched to using define() to create constants instead of using the globals and that worked, too.

It is as if globals set in one include file are not available in another include file. I agree that using them might be a bad programming practice of sorts, but it seems wrong to disallow / not support something that is part of the core language!

So, I don't know if this is a Windows 7 thing or just a general behavior. Globals within the same file seem to work fine still, but not from another include file.

So the answer for me is to not use these cross-include file globals in code that is going to be used from Flash Builder.