5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2010 12:27 PM by kglad

Help Needed!!

peterotoole Level 1

I have a really annoying problem in Flash CS4 & CS3. I worked on this document some time ago in Flash and now the client is looking for a small revision but when I open up the document with the same fonts I used to create it, everything is either mis-aligned or overflowing. I can't for the life of me fix it.

What I would love is if someone could open up the document on their system and see if the problem is the same on theirs?

This would such great help if anyone could help me.

• 1. Re: Help Needed!!
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

that problem is usually caused by fonts used in the swf that you don't have on your computer (any more).  to remedy, open on a computer that has those fonts (and make sure you embed the fonts).  or, change the fonts to ones you have on your computer (and make sure you embed the fonts).

• 2. Re: Help Needed!!
            peterotoole Level 1

The work was done on my old iMac which I don't have anymore but besides all that, I am using the same fonts as far as I am aware on my new Mac as well. The only thing I thought might of happened is that I might of been using a slightly different version number of the exact same font on my old Mac and when I moved, I got my hands on a newer one. But really i am grasping at straws at this stage. It's so incredibly frustrating as Flash i for e.g. looking for Akzidenz Bold and I activate Akzidenz Bold but it's still doesn't look right. Not sure what else I can do which is why i thought it would be helpful if someone was to open the exact same file up on their system and see what it would look like.

• 3. Re: Help Needed!!

it'll either look great to them because they have the font(s) or it will look the same because they don't.   it won't make any difference unless you find someone that has the fonts and is willing to publish an updated swf everytime you update your fla.  because that's not likely to happen in a public forum, you should check the remedies i suggested above.

• 4. Re: Help Needed!!
                peterotoole Level 1

Well the thing is, it won't be everytime as the client only has a small amend to make and that is it finished! But anyhow, thanks for your help. I'll find a way somehow.

• 5. Re: Help Needed!!

you're welcome.