1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2007 7:02 PM by Newsgroup_User

Templates and Library items

Bob_the_VOB Level 1
      I'm designing a new site I just moved from Golive in which I would do this using components. I have 2 template types one for the index page that will have the same navbar as the second template which most pages will be based on. If I need to change my navbar I want them both to change what's the easiest way to do this in Dreamweaver? The Navbar is in <div id="sidebar1">
        • 1. Re: Templates and Library items
          Level 7

> I have 2 template types one for the index page that will have
          > the same navbar as the second template which most pages will be based on.

Only the index page will use one of these page designs??

Then i'd have just one template- the one the majority of pages use.
          I'd have the navbar in the template itself. If you change the navbar later-
          just remember to duplicate the changes on the non-templated index page.

I'm going to guess you'll use some type of JavaScript for something- image
          rollovers or something else. Library items can't deal with that, they can't
          have head sections for the js functions. It would be ideal if library items
          did work for this but they don't. Something in them broke after the mx6.0
          version and integration of 'behaviors' in library items doesn't work as it
          should.

--
          Alan
          Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/