3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2010 11:40 AM by CompuLink1

MX 2004 - ODBC Problem

CompuLink1

I got a new computer I7 running Windows 7 but still can't afford the Master Series so I loaded my old MX 2004 Suite. Everthing has been working fine except I get this error when trying to connect to OBDC.

Error calling GetTable:

An unidentified error has occarred

I have download all updates for Dreamweaver and even turn the firewall off but I still have the problem.

Any ideas?

Glen

• 1. Re: MX 2004 - ODBC Problem
          370H55V Level 4

Just a wild guess, but running 2004 software (designed for XP/2000) on a 2009 OS might have something to do with it.

Honestly I'm surprised that you could even install it. I was unable to install Macromedia Studio 8 (2005) on Win7. It kept giving me the "incompatibility" error and would shut down before I could get it to initialize. Even in Compatibility mode for XP.

• 2. Re: MX 2004 - ODBC Problem
            CompuLink1 Level 1

Everything works fine and able to install MX it is just the ODBC that can't get the files...

Glen

• 3. Re: MX 2004 - ODBC Problem
              370H55V Level 4

It's probable that the ODBC files for Windows 7 are a lot newer (and use a different structure) than what MX 2004 is trying to call when it searches for a file. Like HTML, ODBC in 2010 is not the same as it was in 2004.

I'm no expert in ODBC though. I'm not even a novice in that area. Might want to check with Micorsoft to see if there's a compatibility patch for ODBC.