Is your new update a 1.5.3
app.? If it is, do you set the publisher ID correctly?
Have you tested the update process?
If your application packaged with Flex SDK 3.5 , the application update UI is broken. But this problem has been fixed on SDK3.5a, you can get it in here:
it has been working on 184.108.40.20620 up until this last update of 220.127.116.1130
not sure what you mean by 1.5.3 app but it uses the latest versions and I
always test the process on my machine before rolling it out. but I'm on a
mac with osx 10.6 and it worked for me but on windows xp and osx 10.4 it
doesn't. after getting some complaints i tested it on xp and it failed.
I tried to reproduce you issue, but to no avail. Could you provide us with a little more details. Specifically:
- what version of the AIR SDK / Flex SDK are you using to compile and package your app? (you can find the Flex SDK version in the flex-sdk-description.xml file in the FlexSDK installation folder; running FLEX_SDK_FOLDER/bin/adt -version in a console will give you the AIR SDK version)
- did you use a more recent AIR SDK version than the Flex SDK version?
- my understanding of the way this bug manifests is the following (please correct me if I'm wrong):
- you developed both version N and version N+1 of the application using the same Flex/AIR SDK
- users installed version N on AIR Runtime 18.104.22.16820
- users updated their AIR Runtime to 22.214.171.12430
- users were unable to upgrade to version N+1 as the update dialog would not come up properly (renders incompletely)
If you're using Flex 3.5, did you try aili Li's suggestion to upgrade to Flex 3.5.a?
Hope this helps,
I'm running the latest version of flex 3.5a which is the flex_sdk_126.96.36.19983 with air sdk Adobe AIR 1.5.3 SDK
no, I'm running the air sdk stated in the forum which is 188.8.131.5230 which I installed right before the update
yes this is the correct sequence of events it seems odd to me because adobe has asked that I update my Flex version to 3.5a but I had already done so before with the previous version of my app. when they installed with 184.108.40.20620.I reinstalled everything so maybe my installation was bad I will post again and see if that fixed the problem.
I found where the issue was in my process it was the app.xml pointing to the old version of air namespace
once this was fixed which needs added to the touble shooting tips for adobe everything started working again. so even if you compile everything in 3.5a you will still have issue unless you change this. very easy to miss