2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2007 7:54 AM by Newsgroup_User

modifying a table

durhamdude
      1. I used the table function to create a 3*11 table. I filled in 32 cell with data. I know find I need to modify the table and insert new data in a cell that is located in the middle of the table. Other than copying and moving each cell, is there a way to quickly made this change?

2. As a partial solution to #1 above, I was to cover the data into a single long list. As a single list I was able to simply insert new data in the middle of this list. However I could not convert my long list back into a 3*11 table. Is this possible? If so how.

Thanks

DD
        • 1. Re: modifying a table
          Level 7
          On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 02:21:00 +0000 (UTC), "durhamdude"
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>1. I used the table function to create a 3*11 table. I filled in 32 cell with
          >data. I know find I need to modify the table and insert new data in a cell that
          >is located in the middle of the table. Other than copying and moving each cell,
          >is there a way to quickly made this change?
          >
          > 2. As a partial solution to #1 above, I was to cover the data into a single
          >long list. As a single list I was able to simply insert new data in the middle
          >of this list. However I could not convert my long list back into a 3*11 table.
          >Is this possible? If so how.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > DD

Modify | Table | Insert Row or column

or put "Add and remove rows and columns " into the help
          --

~Malcolm N....
          ~
          • 2. Re: modifying a table
            Level 7
            I don't believe that's a solution, Malcolm. I think the OP is asking how to
            move everthing from row 4 column 12 over by one cell to make room for new
            data.

No way, OTHER than to export the table's data to a csv, import it into
            Excel, move things, and export to a csv and import back into DW, as far as I
            know.

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com - Template Triage!
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/ - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
            ==================

"Malcolm N_" <malcom@mgnixon.org.uk> wrote in message
            news:i05sf3deq6vfcfvuug2uak2bsilclvth9i@4ax.com...
            > On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 02:21:00 +0000 (UTC), "durhamdude"
            > <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:
            >
            >>1. I used the table function to create a 3*11 table. I filled in 32 cell
            >>with
            >>data. I know find I need to modify the table and insert new data in a cell
            >>that
            >>is located in the middle of the table. Other than copying and moving each
            >>cell,
            >>is there a way to quickly made this change?
            >>
            >> 2. As a partial solution to #1 above, I was to cover the data into a
            >> single
            >>long list. As a single list I was able to simply insert new data in the
            >>middle
            >>of this list. However I could not convert my long list back into a 3*11
            >>table.
            >>Is this possible? If so how.
            >>
            >> Thanks
            >>
            >> DD
            >
            >
            > Modify | Table | Insert Row or column
            >
            > or put "Add and remove rows and columns " into the help
            > --