2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 7:01 AM by the_wine_snob

Help?  Premier keeps shutting down with a debug event.

andyrenae

I am getting the error Debug Event window everytime I open Premier Elements 8 and then it closes.  The error message is src\filemanager\filemanagerimpl.ccp-115.

I have checked for updates and there are not any.  My computer is new and the only program I have loaded onto it is Premier Elements.  I have plenty of memory 720 GB available and I have Intle i7 quad-core processor with 8GB of RAM.  My video card is 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT220.

Renae

• 1. Re: Help?  Premier keeps shutting down with a debug event.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an expert on the module names in PrE, but a guess would be that "filemanager" might be part of Organizer.

Let's step back for just a moment. Though your computer is new (actually, maybe BECAUSE it is new), there can be all sorts of bloadtware added by the builder. Much of this can be both unnecessary, plus detrimental to smooth operation. This ARTICLE will give you tips for setting up your computer, especially for an editing session.

There are also some great entries in the FAQ sub-forum on both optimizing your computer and your program. I'd read through those, for more tips and tricks. The FAQ sub-form is accessible from the main forum page, on the far right-hand side of the page. Lots of great reading there.

Please report back with the results of your optimizing. At that time, also please add the full specs. for your source footage (your AV and still files), your Project Preset, and then the full, complete specs. of your computer. This ARTICLE will give you tips on what info will be very useful and also how to gather some of it.

Last, when a program crashes, or hangs, there is often a "breadcrumb trail" left behind. This ARTICLE will help you gather clues as to exactly what is happening with your machine and your program, at the time of the crash.

Good luck, and let us know how things go,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Help?  Premier keeps shutting down with a debug event.
            nealeh Level 5

As a new machine it is a certainty that it needs a variety of updates. Install:

1. All available Windows Updates
            2. Latest version of QuickTime
            3. Latest graphic drivers from your video card manufacturer
            4. Latest sound drivers from your sound card manufacturer

See if that solves your problem (in most cases where users have reported problems on a new machine it does cure the problem).

If it doesn't solve the problem then tell us as much information as possible about your PC. Also see Got a problem? Here's how best to ask for help.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children