4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2010 7:21 AM by JoyceEvans

Attaching Text to Path - Reverse Direction - Offset Issue

djbpd

Hello everyone,

I having been wondering how to attach text to a circular path in fireworks for some time now, a few months ago I played around with it and saw that it works great for a semi-circle of text that moves clockwise above the path, but I noticed that when I tried to add text to the bottom half of a circle moving moving counter-clockwise inside of the path that I ran into a few problems.  Yesterday I started researching tutorials on another effect I had been wondering about for some time and that was creating a seal. In my research I found a FANTASTIC tutorial at the following location:

http://www.brownbatterystudios.com/sixthings/2006/04/05/rapid-fire-2-golden-seal/

In following this tutorial I indirectly found my answer to adding "text to the bottom half of a circle moving moving counter-clockwise inside of the path".

However whenever I follow the steps to to do this by going to "Text > Attach to Path" then "Text > Reverse Direction" it does not quite cooperate. Whenever I try to change the offset (e.g offset -20)  to center the text better, part of the text disappears, and I was wondering what's causing this.