7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2010 7:50 AM by tubesman

Bravia 3d TV

tubesman

What software will create a file compatible with the 3d format of the Sony Bravia? I want to shoot in stereo(video) and create a Blue Ray disk that will present as 3d on that TV.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Bravia 3d TV
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, I do not know of the source file info for 3D. There are a couple of threads on 3D video, that are pretty recent. Not sure what the delivery of these might be. One has "cross-eye" in the title, IIRC.

I wonder if there is a white paper on the process on the Web. Knowing the ins-n-outs of the format would be useful. Unfortunately, I do know those.

As an aside, a friend in the high-end home theater business reported back from CSE that the 3D products were not yet ready for "prime time." He did not have time to elaborate in detail, but felt that it would be a bit, before it was truly viable. Maybe he missed something?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Bravia 3d TV
            tubesman Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I am happy

3d is not ready for primetime. Neither am I !

I picked this forum first to see if any

Adobe product had the ability, either native or with a plug-in, to output the proper file. I will keep looking.

• 3. Re: Bravia 3d TV
              Harm Millaard Level 7

First one needs the BR3D committee to agree on a standard, like BR3D2.0, then for manufacturers to develop players and release them to market, while NLE suppliers adapt their editors to support that new standard, then wait for prices to come down to acceptable levels and the general public to embrace these by getting new BR3D players and new Bravias. Meanwhile you may need a new generation BR3D burner. Don't hold your breath for that to happen soon...

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Bravia 3d TV
                tubesman Level 1

Thanks for the reply. As odd as this may sound, I'm happy

that it is so early in the process .At last I may be getting in as an early adopter of a format.

• 5. Re: Bravia 3d TV
                  Mark Morreau Adobe Community Professional

The Blu-ray Disc Association agreed and announced 3D Blu-ray standard back in December 2009.

http://us.blu-raydisc.com/pdfs/BDA%203D%20Specifcation%20Press%20Release_FINAL.doc

Same authoring methods, won't need a new burner. PS3s will play back 3D blu-ray. Older players will happily play back 3D discs in 2D.

It's all going to happen soon enough: the 3D Blu-ray discs are being authored and encoded right now and they'll be out in time for the release of those 3D TVs in a couple of months.

I have no idea, however, how long it'll take for that 3D editing/authoring goodness to trickle down to the tools that us non-hollywood types are using.

• 6. Re: Bravia 3d TV
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Mark,

Thanks for the link on the BD-3D.

Guess that I'll have to demand a demo unit from my friend, when he starts installing the TV's, and play Avatar 3D.

Hunt

• 7. Re: Bravia 3d TV
                      tubesman Level 1

Thank you. I'm sure Adobe will have a compliant solution soon.