• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question about cfdocument when using a header

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2007 Sep 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using cfdocument and cfdocumentitem type header, there is about and inch of white space between the header and the body. If I make the topmargin smaller the header is scaled to fit and still leaves the inch of white space. I've tried many different padding and margin attributes for the body and tables but it doesn't change the space between the header and the body.

Does anyone know how to remove the white space?

Thanks in advance for any help!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007
Hi Aredovian,
Its a bug in header/footer scaling which many people have reported. It has been fixed and hotfix for this should be release very soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks & Regards,
Rupesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2007 Sep 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you post your example code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2007 Sep 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rupesh, thank you for your response. I have included a very simple example.

Also, here is some information about my server...
Windows 2000 Server
ColdFusion 7.0.2.142559 Standard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2007 Oct 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aredivian,

I am experiencing the same problem as yours. There is always about an inch of white space between the header and the body. Have you found out the solution for this? Would you please share? Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey cepsJane, unfortunately, I have not found a solution to the problem. Apparently these forums are pretty useless if you have a question that would require someone from Adobe to contribute. Not just blaming Adobe since this has been a problem with ColdFusion forever.

It's unfortunate that creating a PDF from ColdFusion has never been a complete feature in any version of 7. Doesn't give me much confidence for CF 8.

Which version of ColdFusion are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never been able to use anything but <P> in a header or footer. Everything else messes up in some way. Haven't tried anything but <p> in cf8, but I've got another big CF8 CFDocument problem to contend with first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CF8. aredovian, do you want me run your sample code under CF 8 to see if it will give the result you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cepsJane, I am guessing it's going to still have the white space between the header and body...sounds like you are having the exact same issue and are already using CF 8.

I tried just using the <p> tage like ToBeNamedLater suggested but still had the white space. I think it's programmed in to the cfdocument tag by mistake. It would be nice to get some confirmation from Adobe even if it is a bug so we don't waste anymore time trying to find a solution.

I also wish that the cf developers would include us in the troubleshooting process of first generation features. We have now gone through a few hotfixes and a whole new version of CF and it STILL doesn't work right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2007 Oct 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aredovian wrote:
> Apparently these forums are pretty useless if you have a question that would
> require someone from Adobe to contribute.

these are not Adobe support forums, fyi.
these are peer-to-peer discussion forums, which some of Adobe staff do
visit sometimes.
but Adobe does not monitor these forums for support requests/bugs or
anything like that.

if you believe you have found a bug - submit it through appropriate
channels.
if you need support from Adobe - contact their support directly.

> Doesn't give me much confidence for CF 8.

you know, it's not like you have to buy it to try it...

--

Azadi Saryev
Sabai-dee.com
http://www.sabai-dee.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2007 Oct 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

these are not Adobe support forums, fyi.
these are peer-to-peer discussion forums, which some of Adobe staff do
visit sometimes.
but Adobe does not monitor these forums for support requests/bugs or
anything like that.
quote:

I believe that is exactly what I said....they are useless if you need someone from Adobe to contribute.

I am not saying they have to answer every problem on here. However, I do expect them to have a free method of communication for bugs and undocumented issues. I am not asking a programming question, I am asking for clearification on a tag that has almost zero documentation. I don't think it is unreasonable for me to have expected some help from Adobe considering...
1. I am on the support section for ColdFusion on Adobe's website.
2. I have already had a response from someone at Adobe to post sample code.
3. I posted the sample code for review.
4. Others are having the same problem.

If we are wrong about this, then a simple post that says there is a solution to your problem if you just read the documentation which can be found here or by contacting support and paying the support fee.

quote:

you know, it's not like you have to buy it to try it...
quote:

no but time is money. I was burnt on the upgrade to 7 and from just reading these posts I see there are still many problems with this tag on version 8.

I love ColdFusion but I hate the methods of communication between it's developers and it's users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2007 Oct 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aredovian,
Its a bug in header/footer scaling which many people have reported. It has been fixed and hotfix for this should be release very soon. Stay tuned.

Thanks & Regards,
Rupesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2007 Oct 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Rupesh. I do appreciate the time you spend on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation