• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File view to edit a file, but it's not changed on file system.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a drive letter mapped to a network location.  Using File View to navigate to and edit a file, I save the file, but if I open it with a browser or notepad the changes aren't actually there.  Even though everything in CFBuilder indicates the file was updated.

Anyone else having this happen, or am I missing something?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little more info...

x: mapped to server1 and y: mapped to server 2.  I have a "CF Project" located on x: where a file abc.cfm exists.  However, when I use File View to open Y:\abc.cfm, it actually opens x:\abc.cfm from the CF Project.

If I close the CF Project (x:), then in File View I open y:\abc.cfm, it actually shows me y:\abc.cfm.  But as soon as I open the CF Project again, a File View of y:\abc.cfm displays x:\abc.cfm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to reproduce this issue. Files are opening fine from File view. Can you please try restarting Builder with a -clean option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started CFB with -clean but no difference. Not sure if this is related but in the Navigator view, this project is shared using Subclipse.  I believe the text I see though should still be the file that is actually on the disk though, and not the repository.  I still have to close the project to see the actual file that is on disk.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are not able to reproduce the issue.

It would be helpful if you can provide more details on your setup.

We tried checkout as project from subclipse   to a network location.

Then we opened the checked out files from network drive using File View and edited the file and we could see that the file has the edit when opened using  notepad.

If you simply checked out from the svn perspective, the  project created will be in the workspace .

Thanks

Evelin

ColdFusion Builder Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2010 Oct 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I might have the same problem. I have an installation without plugins and with the newest update. My Project is located under "x:\test". I have opened the file in the project x:\test\folder\test.cfm. After that I have opened the file z:\test\folder\test.cfm. This one is not in an project und not located in my workspace. When I edit the file z:\test\folder\test.cfm and save it, it is saved under x:\test\folder\test.cfm. I am unable to edit the file on the device with the letter z:

Could you please fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation