2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2010 6:23 AM by bnther

Employee Directory -- Day 2

bnther Level 1

Day 1 was great.  Loved it

Day 2, I'm having some issues with.  Excercise 4 was not a problem, but she takes off with "Creating custom MXML components" -- which looks like fun, but she's working with a file Employee Directory that she built without me.  I opened the 'solution' project for custom components(5) and it's blank...not very helpful.

At any rate, I'd really like to follow along with her if I had at least the file that she starts with.  Exercise 6 starts off with Options.MXML which I have, but who knows how it will work with EmployeeDirectory.MXML being blank.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Employee Directory -- Day 2
          devJT1

I think the confusion comes from assuming the the video examples match the exercises. The examples are not the same, but the learning points are the same.

If I open the solution file for exercise 5, using the Compiler version of Flex 3.5 (this is Flex 3 training), then I can see the main application as well as it's components.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

• 2. Re: Employee Directory -- Day 2
            bnther Level 1

That is confusing, especially when Day 1 matched up.

I don't mean to be ungrateful for the tutorials that they have provided, but this does add a new degree of difficulty to the situation. I'm not sure why they chose to do this, but I guess that I have no choice but to try and move forward with it.

Thanks for the reply.