3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2008 2:34 PM by Tracy_at_Cheval

How can I layer graphic images in a topic??

Tracy_at_Cheval
      Need to layer an arrow over a screen shot so that when a word in the text description within the topic is clicked, an arrow appears on top of the screen shot image to point to a particular area of the image?? Does anyone know how I can do this? I'm using the WYSWYG editor in Robohelp. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
        • 1. Re: How can I layer graphic images in a topic??
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Tracy at Cheval and welcome to our community

Here is how you would do it. First, insert two different Positioned Text Boxes on the slide. Then insert your image inside one and the arrow image inside the other.

Now select the text you want your user to click to show or hide the arrow image. Click the DHTML menu and choose "Make Trigger". After you do this, you will notice an odd little icon that pops on the screen near the selected text. Click this icon and drag until the arrow is surrounding and pointing the arrow image. When you release, you should be presented with a popup menu. Choose show/hide.

Notes:
          * You will probably want to turn off the borders for the positioned text boxes.
          * You will probably want to make the inside areas of the positioned text boxes transparent.
          * You will probably want to apply some inline formatting so that the clickable text that shows and hides the image appears to be a link.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: How can I layer graphic images in a topic??
            Tracy_at_Cheval Level 1
            Thanks very much. I'll give this a try and let you know how it works out for me.
            • 3. Re: How can I layer graphic images in a topic??
              Tracy_at_Cheval Level 1
              Just a quick follow up....
              The positioned text box method for layering the images works great. However, for some reason, when I compile, the positioned text boxes are shifted on the output. I also discussed this issue in another forum topic "positioned text boxes" where the same problem was discussed. The solutions discussed there may not be practical for my purposes. Any other thoughts on this problem and its solution would be dearly appreciated.

Thanks also for your terrific help on the layering issue.