3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2010 8:22 PM by pwillener

Convert PDF documents?

pwillener Level 8

For once I have a question...

I have a couple of PDF forms that I need to fill in.  Unfortunately these things were not created fillable, so I have to print them, and fill them manually.

But I am not used to hand-write in such forms, and I recently threw out my old typewriter when I moved to a new place.

My question: is there a way to convert a PDF document into an image - GIF, JPG,  PNG - or Word document, so I can fill it with an image processing program or Word, then print it out from there?

• 1. Re: Convert PDF documents?
          pwillener Level 8

Stupid me!  First I post a question here, then I go on Google and search...

Naturally I found dozens of free online conversion sites, both to Word and image formats.

I have already completed the conversions, so I have answered the question myself...

Stupid me!

• 2. Re: Convert PDF documents?
            hershmab

pwillener wrote:

Stupid me!  First I post a question here, then I go on Google and search...

Naturally I found dozens of free online conversion sites, both to Word and image formats.

I have already completed the conversions, so I have answered the question myself...

Stupid me!

You must have been luckier than me! I have found many programs claiming to convert PDF forms into fillable versions, but not one really works. I would be very grateful if you could tell me the site/program you are successfully using.

• 3. Re: Convert PDF documents?
              pwillener Level 8

Sorry, you must have misread my post.

I was looking (and finding) a program or site that converts a PDF file into an image, that I later modified (inserted text) with an imaging program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.