4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2010 8:06 AM by the_wine_snob

CS3 - apply level adj. to still images

hello6470

Hi

I would like to know if there is any posibility to apply a level and color adjustments to multiple images at once.

I'm working on stop motion proyect and I need to adjust their brightness, and since there are over 400 frames It would be painfull to apply the effect to every each one by one.

Thank you

• 1. Re: CS3 - apply level adj. to still images
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Apply you corrections to the first clip, copy, then select the other clips (grouping them) and select Paste Attributes.

• 2. Re: CS3 - apply level adj. to still images
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

If your images are already in your Timeline, then Harm's method is the answer. You will be Pasting the Attributes with the settings from the first image, but you could go in and tweak any individually, if necessary.

If your images are not yet into PrPro, you can create a simple Action in PS to do an automated batch processing. I rather like doing this in PS, BUT with Harm's method, one still has the power to easily tweak things on an individual basis.

If the Effects are applied in PrPro, their processing time will be increased, but probably not by that much.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - if you are going to do the work in PS, I'd output (Save_As) to .PSD. This is especially true if one has had to start off with JPEG's to begin with, as another JPEG compression will start to show up. I'm kinda' old-school on this, coming from an advertising print background, but try to reserve JPEG only for Web work, should the client need it. I shy away from that compressed format for all print, and even for video work.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: CS3 - apply level adj. to still images
              hello6470 Level 1

Thank you for welcoming

And thank you for the answer, simple and easy. Allready considered using photoshop but due the thing that I was using 3 different cameras on 4 sessions with slightly different lightning I prefer to edit the levels and brightness on the fly.

Have a nice day

• 4. Re: CS3 - apply level adj. to still images
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Most welcome.

Given that, Harm's method will probably be the easiest way, and you still have individually editability, which could be very usful.

Good luck,

Hunt