4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 8:55 PM by PhyllisCaro2010

Add/Remove instance manager issues

BCangelosi Level 1

My add instance button is working as intended.

The remove instance button is working, but not as I would like it to. The instance it removes is not necessarily the last instance added, as I would like. When "clicked" it removes the second instance listed. This is a problem when you add 5 or so instances, and need to remove the last one, and end up having to remove all of them because removing the #2 instance just messed up the order of instances.

If this is not making sense I can show you what I'm referring to by uploading/sending interested parties the form.

Here is the "click" event javascript code. I adopted the code from the remove instance manager example, maybe I did not convert it correctly to my form. Not sure why it deletes from the first instance down, instead of last instance up. Any help is appreciated.

var nNumSub = 0;

var nSubLength = Subform1.nodes.length;

for (var nCount = 0; nCount < nSubLength; nCount ++)  {

if (Subform1.nodes.item(nCount).className == "subform"  {

nNumSub = nNumSub + 1;

}

}

nNumSub = nNumSub - 1;

if (nNumSub < 1)  {

xfa.host.messageBox("The minimum allowable number of subforms is 1. You cannot remove any more subforms.", "Warning", 3);

}

else {

Subform1.Subform2.SubformImpression.instanceManager.removeInstance(nNumSub);

}

Thank you,

B

• 1. Re: Add/Remove instance manager issues
          pguerett Level 6

If you want to remove the last one why not use the count method on the instance Manager. This will give you a count of subforms that are displayed (it is 1 based), then subtract 1 to get the instance number for the last subform.

nNumSub =  Subform1.Subform2.SubformImpression.instanceManager.count

Paul

• 2. Re: Add/Remove instance manager issues
            BCangelosi Level 1

That script does nothing as a replacement script or added to my original script.

It still deletes instances starting at the top.

Perhaps I missed something.

EDIT: Added the -1 to the end of it and worked perfectly when added in parenthesis to my original script.

Thanks again Paul.

• 3. Re: Add/Remove instance manager issues
              Shailevit Level 1

Paul,

So I want to do the same thing, but my instance manager set-up is much simpler:

form1.QuickNoteGathering.Data.Button1::click - (JavaScript, client)

Data.Info.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

So what code would I use to have a button that removes the last instance added?

Also, I want the instances to continue on to several pages if needed (i.e.: my outlay is just a small sample and one can add as many additional information layers as they need). But it all goes awray as it comes to the buttom of the first page. So I can I assure that as you click the add additional info, it will persist to as many pages as needed?

Thanks. I can send you the form if you need me too, since there is no upload anymore to this forum.

thanks

Shai

• 4. Re: Add/Remove instance manager issues
                PhyllisCaro2010 Level 1

Paul has helped me with issue. Here's the code.

Table1.detail.instanceManager.removeInstance(Table1.detail.instanceManager.count -1)

To make your table continues to second page, Make sure your form is Dynamic and set to Flowed.