This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
BTW i have a clean installed flex builder 3 beta 2 standalone version, i only installed the subclipse plugin and thus the required JTD.
Not sure what might be going wrong. I can tell you that the beta 1 option to enable debugging in modules is no longer necessary, due to some changes in the workflow. In the new workflow, when we compile modules into your "bin" directory, they are always enabled for debugging. Later, you are supposed to do File > Export > Flex > Export Release Version; when you do that, the files that are compiled do not have debugging info in them.
Have you tried Project > Clean?
I tried project clean multiple times, created new Workspace folder and imported the projects from svn, also tried importing the old projects into the new workspace with the eclipse import or just opening the old workspace.. Nothing works.. Last thing i can try is reinstalling FB3 without the svn plugin and JDT and see if it affects anything..
Also uninstalled FB3 and re-installed it clean without any plugins (stand-alone version), debugging in modules is still not working.. When launching the debug session i can place breakpoints where i want, except in modules (no executable code). It was working fine in fb2.
Can you guys debug your modules?
Debugging modules in FlexBuilder 3 beta 2 works only for Flex projects (web applications). It does not work for AIR projects. When I place a breakpoint in a module in AIR project I get the same error message as Marcel: "Breakpoint cannot be set here because there is no executable code at this line."
The "Enable debugging in modules option" has been removed from the project properties dialog, however there is still such attribute in .actionScriptProperties file: enableModuleDebug="true". Perhaps this is just a leftover and is ignored.
I am using FB3 beta 2 standalone on Windows XP Pro. No other plugins installed.
Is there a way to debug modules in AIR project somehow ?
I was not aware of an issue with debugging modules in AIR apps, but I just tried it myself, and (a) I was able to reproduce the problem with Flex Builder 3 beta 2, and (b) I cannot reproduce the problem with the most recent internal build. So, whatever was wrong, it has apparently been fixed. (I am not aware of a workaround for beta 2.)
The enableModuleDebug setting you see in the .actionScriptProperties file is no longer used.
Too bad there is no workaround for the current FB version :(
Flex Builder 3 Roadmap (found on flexwiki.adobe.com) reads that milestone 4 release is planned for late 2007. Mike, you said that the problem was not present in the latest internal build so I hope it will work in M4. I guess I have to use logging API for debugging for now :)