3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 12:23 AM by Harbs.

[JS CS3] can windows be stacked?

Tom Tomasko Level 1

Hello,

I have a script that calls up a window, let's name it Master. The master in turn has many buttons to run many scripts. The scripts that take a long time to run also call up a window that states "Wait a sec, I'm working." It closes once the script is done.

The problem is that the Working window always appears behind the Master window if the user has not already moved the Master window. Is it possible to make it appear on top of the Master window or at least someplace else that is not underneath the Master?

I noticed that working.center(Master) centers the Working window underneath the Master. If there is no way to make Working appear above Master, then I could construct the height of Working such that it peeks out over the top of Master.

Thanks,

Tom

• 1. Re: [JS CS3] can windows be stacked?
          Harbs. Level 6

The window created first should be on the bottom, and each subsequent window should be stacked above that. Are you sure you are not creating the second window first?

Harbs

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: [JS CS3] can windows be stacked?
            Tom Tomasko Level 1

Harbs,

Thanks for your reply. It made me investigate a little further. The Master window is of the palette type. The Working window was of the window type. Why that should make any difference in how they are stacked, I'm not sure. But I changed the Working window to the palette type and now it appears on top of the Master window, that is the second created palette appears on top of the first created palette.

So yes, the Master is created first. The Working is called up from a script that is invoked by a button on the Master window, so it has to be second.

Tom

• 3. Re: [JS CS3] can windows be stacked?
              Harbs. Level 6

Yes. That makes a lot of sense.

Palettes are always above windows, and dialogs are above palettes.

Harbs