2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2010 6:52 AM by dougcouch

Saved file reverting to unsaved status

dougcouch

2010 post from another 2007 thread on a different topic than that thread (edited):

The latest  anomaly with Dreamweaver (CS2) with Windows 7, is that I will save an HTML file using Ctrl-S, then use Ctrl-Shift-U to upload it. But often, when I do

this,  even seeing the asterisk disappear indicating the file saved, when I go to  upload, it returns to non-saved status, the asterisk returns, and the dialog  alert appears asking me if I want to save first. I carefully watched several  times to make sure the file got saved first...but at times, it just decides it  didn't regardless.

This isn't a biggie, but does slow things down when dialogs pop up which should not be popping up. Kind of defeats the purpose of keyboard shortcuts when these things keep happening. And not one nasty word about Adobe this time either.  ;-) Sure with they were perfect like me though!

Doug - couchdouglas@aol.com

• 1. Re: Saved file reverting to unsaved status
          370H55V Level 4

Every once in a while, I'll save an edit to a page and when I put it, DW asks me to save it again. I'm not so sure it undoes anything, but rather just doesn't recognize that it was already saved.

What I found prevents the "re-asking" is if I save the page, and close it before putting it to the server.

• 2. Re: Saved file reverting to unsaved status
            dougcouch Level 1

Thanks for the response. However, I want to keep the file open. I'm 

editing, uploading, checking how it looks in the browser(s). To close it and 

reopen it would be more of a difficulty than responding to unnecessary dialogs. 

- Doug

========

What I found prevents the "re-asking" is if I save the page, and  close it

before putting it to the server.