8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2010 3:06 PM by the_wine_snob

cs3 and dvd burner program

Level 4

Hi,

I just uninstalled Roxio DVD burner software package due to it's media manager and other features interference with CS3 application.

Anyone know of a free DVD burner --- I only need the DATA DISC function...to save files to DVD....that I can use with CS3 and it doesn't hook into all kinds of crazy stuff re: media ??  Or....a relatively inexpensive program would be OK but I am struggling a bit $$ wise, so less is more.

Rod

• 1. Re: cs3 and dvd burner program
          Harm Millaard Level 7

I use Nero, and as long as you are careful about only installing what you need and leaving everything else out (for instance only Nero Burning ROM) you will do OK.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: cs3 and dvd burner program
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The free ImgBurn will do this for you. Scroll down their page, as the top 1/2 is all ads.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - it will also burn ISO's and VIDEO_TS folders to DVD-Video, plus copy your DVD's nicely. If you insert a blank disc, it will also tell you brand of that blank media. Go ahead an make a mistake with it, then read the error messages - great sense of humor. Some days, when I am bored, I'll fire it up, and do something I know is wrong, just to read the error messages. Better than a fortune cookie!

• 3. Re: cs3 and dvd burner program
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Harm,

I too have Nero beautifully coexisting with a bunch of Adobe programs. However, I only do a Custom Install, omitting InCD, and all the watchers and sniffers. Nero is not "bad," but at least with the old default installation would load up a whole bunch of modules that do get in the way, plus sap valuable resources. As an aside, Nero seems easier to "clean up after," than Roxio, which seems to run tentacles everywhere. Once it's been fully installed, it takes a crowbar, or a reformat - or so it seems.

Though I do have some of Nero, I usually just go with ImgBurn, whether for a DVD-Video, or DVD-Data.

Hunt

• 4. Re: cs3 and dvd burner program
                shooternz Level 6

http://www.avs4you.com/?utm_medium=Navigator&utm_source=Navigator&utm_content=Main&utm_cam paign=

Check the applications from the Link above

I use 3 of the apps and can vouch for them.  AVS Image Converter, AVS DVD Authoring and AVS Disk Creator

Not free but they do an amazing deal on buy one ...get any/all  of the others free ( same licence)

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: cs3 and dvd burner program
                  Level 4

ahhh....I have avs4you and avs image converter, but now avs disk creator- will keep info on that...thanks shooternz...

got the imgburn and will try that first...

thanks re: nero info...and custom install for only what is needed...

thank you you guys ! very much appreciated..

opened imgburn to see if it opens ok and will try later when I have to save some data..

Rod

• 6. Re: cs3 and dvd burner program
                    Level 4

Bill,

yeah, I read those articles and references to getting roxio out of system and thought I'd have to spend my life hunting in the registry and all over the place on HD to get rid of it...but so far it is gone and not around...checked my services running and so on and it looks gone...

fingers crossed...

Rod

• 7. Re: cs3 and dvd burner program
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Don't forget to make a mistake, or two, in ImgBurn, and read the messages!

Enjoy,

Hunt

• 8. Re: cs3 and dvd burner program
                        Level 4

copy that...Did see the window with info re: what it's doing...I usually just select a bunch of files I want to save to disk and just drag to the burning program and thats that...easy...I look in explorer beforehand what the total byte count is...so it's not more than the DVD capacity...

Thanks for the heads up...

Bloomberg wants to charge $20 to drive into manhattan...(beyond tolls and parking expense at garages)   He wants to have utopia ....kinda like Hitler and Napoleon, Stalin...etc...everyone that wants utopia ends up bringing on hellish consequences historically...and this guy is jewish, you would think he above all others would know better...

but we pay him exactly $1 per year for salary...(well I dont anymore cause I no longer live in city ..I'm just beyond city limits) - and what can you expect from someone you pay $1 per year ?  I mean, really...think about it...

Rod

sorry, went off on tangent