1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2010 7:33 AM by the_wine_snob

PrE Project Presets?

Marshall_C

Hello Folks,

I have strolled thru the Forums but its a case of I know its there but where on earth is it scenario and hope someone like ATR would be able to help.

The presets supplied with PrE simply isn't enough to cater all different formats there are and clearly the end user should be able to create one to suit. I thought there was some instructions in help file but didn't quite made sense. http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereElements/8.0/Win/Using//WS09e4b3c48f3a79fc19b622510385 d4355c-7fde.html

I remember reading something about creating presets in a round about way (by ATR) and I am interested in knowing this info.

• 1. Re: PrE Project Presets?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum. This is a repository for articles on how to do things in PrE. Maybe Steve, our trusted MOD will move this out to the main forum, where more people will see it.

There was a thread, or two, on "hacking" the Presets to create "custom" Presets, but I don't recall who the poster was. IIRC, they had a linked custom Preset, for a particular camera/Asset, that others wanted to use. I do not recall what version of PrE, that was for. It seemed that some users had issues with the custom Preset, but it worked fine for others. Do not know if those problems were version specific. I believe that both ATR and Steve Grisetti commented in that thread.

As I use PrPro, I can just choose the Desktop Preset, and then I get a dialog screen, allowing me to set almost all attributes.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with hacking the Presets in PrE.

Good luck,

Hunt