3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 8:30 AM by mltsy

Daylight Savings Time

gordonwd Level 1

Once again it's Daylight Savings Time changeover, and once again when I sync my site Dreamweaver wants to update all of the files on the server (or in some cases, says that the files on the server are newer), even though everything is up to date. This has got to be a common problem! Is there any way to easily mark all of the files on the site as being in sync so that from that point DW only wants to upload files that you've actually updated?

This has been bugging us for the last few releases of DW, but maybe there's some feature that we've missed...

• 1. Re: Daylight Savings Time
          370H55V Level 4

In spite of all the "not so good things" about Arizona (Janet Napolitano: "The system worked", 49th of 50 states in education, Gilbert Arenas: [UA alumnus], high unemployment, etc.) one of the good things is that since we have 300+ days of sunshine every year, daylight is not something we save, and never have.

Fortunately my hosting co. accomodates this even though their servers are in Massachusetts.

• 2. Re: Daylight Savings Time
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Talk to your hosting provider to have the server send out correct timestamps with DST offsets.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Daylight Savings Time
              mltsy

How would I check to see if my server is sending out correct timestamps?  Using SSH, perhaps?  Or FTP?  What exactly do I need to ask the hosting provider to do, once I find out for sure that the server is doing it wrong?

Thanks!