3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 4:53 AM by marge0808

Dreamweaver CS4 prompts for license agreement?

marge0808

I've had Dreamweaver CS4 installed for months.  I use it for work daily and all of a sudden when I attempt to run it today the License User agreement pops up -- I click on Agree -- and nothing happens!  Any clue what is going on -- was an update deployed?  I'm baffled. I can't get the applicaton to run at all.

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver CS4 prompts for license agreement?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Your license has been lost. Please run the app as administrator at least one time and input your serial again so the program can verify the activation.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver CS4 prompts for license agreement?
            marge0808 Level 1

Unfortunately, this didn't work either. Same behavior - I get the license agreement - click Accept -- and nothing happens.  No prompt for serial number, nothing.

I've tried running Adobe Photoshop and I do get the following message:

"You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling this product or contacting your IT Dept. or Adobe Customer Support."

Guess I'll try calling support

• 3. Re: Dreamweaver CS4 prompts for license agreement?
              marge0808 Level 1

I ended up calling support and after working through each of the solutions mentioned in KB405970, I had to completely uninstall, remove some folders, and reinstall.  The entire process was 5 hours and the tech support rep stayed with me during that time.  I was extremely pleased with the support, but I'm baffled as of why this happened in the first place and how to avoid it in the future. A lot of frustration and 4 days of not being able to use my applications

Thank you for your assistance and hope this will help others that could be facing the same problem.