2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 10:00 AM by Andrew-the-Piper

Dreamweaver CS3 hogging CPU - any fix?

Andrew-the-Piper

I finally upgraded from GoLive CS2 to Dreamweaver CS3. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!)

Dreamweaver at idle is using over a quarter of my CPU! (Mac Mini 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM) No well-written program does this so I figure there must be something that I can turn off that was defaulted to "on" so I can speed up my computer.

It's so bizarre that it demands almost half a GHz—460,000,000 cycles per second, folks—just sitting there!

Thanks!

Andrew

• 1. Re: Dreamweaver CS3 hogging CPU - any fix?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Adobe Updater running in the background, perhaps? It has a way of doing that...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver CS3 hogging CPU - any fix?
            Andrew-the-Piper Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion, but no. Activity Monitor is showing it's distinctly the Dreamweaver CPU process, plus I updated the software just a few days before.

I've seen other discussions online posted in the past couple of years about the same CPU-hogging problem on Mac and Windows boxes. There was some Windows patch (I believe it was from an unauthorized 3rd party) that purportedly fixed the problem, but I didn't see anything for Macs and I wasn't sure if there was any official solution (even if it involves upgrading to CS4) . . . other than live with a program that's making your system slow down for no good reason.

Thanks,

Andrew