This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
What error are you seeing? Is it an entry in the Problems view or some kind of error dialog?
Adding an Application to a Flex Library Project is not well-supported at present, as there usually isn't a need to do that. Do you have any problems if you add a new MXML Component rahter than an Application to the library project?
-- Greg Dow
-- Adobe Flex Builder Team
I have the same problem when adding a new MXML component. There are two problems (problebly with the same cause)
- Code completion in the MXML code does not work, for example when i type something like "<mx:HB" and hit Control-Space the builder sais there are no suggestions.
- I get only a full grey screen, when i hit the Design button to go to design view in the MXML file. The flex Properties panel sais "This panel is only available in design mode" and the Outline panel only sais "! Root". (instead of a outline).
Everything compiles normally and shows no problems in the problem tab, everything runs fine also.. it is just the builder. Doing the same in FB3 Beta1 works just normally.
What libraries do you have on the Library Path of the project? (Properties > Flex Build Path > Library path). There is a bug in FB 3 B2 where Design View will fail to render if it encounters an error while loading a library. This happens in projects that use LCDS, in particular.
Can you try to reproduce using a new workspace?
- Choose File > Switch workspace > Other,
- Type in a new workspace location and hit ok.
- Create a new project and try to reproduce the issue
This may solve the problem in which case:
- Choose File > Import > Other > General > Existing projects into workspace
- Browse to the location of your existing projects (usually documents/flex builder 3 or my documents \flex builder 3) and hit OK.
- Select the appropriate projects and import them.
Flex Builder Team
You are both partially right,
I fixed it by creating a new workspace (just deleted the metadata folder) and re-importing my projects..
Then i removed the libraries and it worked, i started to add the libraries one by one and the library that breaks it is 'FlexUnitOptional.swc'...
Thanks a lot..
I still have one problem open with the new flex builder, i cannot debug in modules, i also posted it on the forum. Which is over here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=72&catid=651&threadid =1303879&enterthread=y
Thanks a lot