3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2007 7:56 PM by abeall

Faster way to preview Blending Modes?

todd881
      Is there a keyboard command to change the Blending Mode of the selected object to the next (or prev) item in the Blending Modes menu?

I am often using the Blending Mode dropdown to see what each blending mode does to the selected object. But it can become very time consuming and annoying to have to use my mouse to go back into the dropdown and then select the next item in the menu. I wish there was a Keyboard Command to cycle through all the Blending Modes. Does anyone know of such a thing, an extension maybe?

thanks!
      todd
        • 1. Re: Faster way to preview Blending Modes?
          Level 7
          todd,

You can use the arrow keys after selecting one of the modes.

alex

todd881 wrote:
          > Is there a keyboard command to change the Blending Mode of the selected object
          > to the next (or prev) item in the Blending Modes menu?
          >
          > I am often using the Blending Mode dropdown to see what each blending mode
          > does to the selected object. But it can become very time consuming and annoying
          > to have to use my mouse to go back into the dropdown and then select the next
          > item in the menu. I wish there was a Keyboard Command to cycle through all the
          > Blending Modes. Does anyone know of such a thing, an extension maybe?
          >
          > thanks!
          > todd
          >
          • 2. Re: Faster way to preview Blending Modes?
            Level 7
            In FW CS3 there are two ways to access blend modes.

The most obvious of these is in the Property Inspector.

A second way is in the Layers tab - blend mode options are also present
            there.

In XP Pro once a blend mode has been selected and focus remains in the
            blend mode thingy then I can usually scroll through those without too
            much effort using scroll wheel on the mouse.

todd881 wrote:
            > Is there a keyboard command to change the Blending Mode of the selected object
            > to the next (or prev) item in the Blending Modes menu?
            >
            > I am often using the Blending Mode dropdown to see what each blending mode
            > does to the selected object. But it can become very time consuming and annoying
            > to have to use my mouse to go back into the dropdown and then select the next
            > item in the menu. I wish there was a Keyboard Command to cycle through all the
            > Blending Modes. Does anyone know of such a thing, an extension maybe?
            >
            > thanks!
            > todd
            >
            • 3. Re: Faster way to preview Blending Modes?
              abeall Level 3
              Matt Stow also made an extension to make blend mode switchin' a bit easier:
              http://www.mattstow.com/
              http://www.mattstow.com/extensions/Objects/FW_Blend_Modes_1_2.mxp