8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2010 10:11 AM by the_wine_snob

Blank project?

süsi Level 1

can anyone tell whats wrong with this project?

it was working fine at some point, but when i tried to open it a bit later, it just gave me a blank premiere window without any tools and timelines etc...

http://www.mediafire.com/?medwtdnmddy

• 1. Re: Blank project?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

First thing that I would do is go to the Toolbar (if visible) and click on Window>Workspaces>Reset Workspace, or choose one of the default Workspaces.

Next, check your video card for an update - get the very latest from the vid-card mfgr's site and install it.

Do you get the Project Panel? If so twirl-open all Bins, find the Timeline and Dbl-click on that. Any change?

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I do not have CS4, so cannot check out your PRPROJ file.

Also, what happens with New Project? If that functions, Import your PRPROJ into that, as a test.

• 2. Re: Blank project?
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is nothing wrong with the project just empty, no assets.

• 3. Re: Blank project?
              süsi Level 1

how could that happen? i had ~3 minutes of video and audio in there :|

i tried the workspace reset option and that brought up all the tools.

but if i opened a new project (from the startup screen), then it gave me a blank window again. i would have to open a working project, otherwise it would only give the blank window. even if i close the program... :|

• 4. Re: Blank project?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, the Workspace got the tools back.

When you twirled open the Bins, did you find your Timeline, and your Imported Assets? When you Dbl-clicked on the Timeline (if you found it), did it open, as it should?

Now, with CS4, one needs to do what were the old Project Presets for a Sequence, and that will open a Timeline.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Blank project?
                  süsi Level 1

dunno, i think everything was empty like Ann said.. but dunno where they went and why the project isnt opening correctly :s

• 6. Re: Blank project?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

When you twirled open all of the Bins in the Project Panel, was there anything in any of those?

Could it be that you actually have two Projects, with almost the same name, and one IS totally empty, and that's the one that you Opened? I've done that, when I got called away, and forgot that I had already started that Project. Just a guess for a possibility.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Blank project?
                      süsi Level 1

it shows only "sequence 1" in the project window and when i double click that, it brings up an empty timeline :s

dunno where everything went..

• 8. Re: Blank project?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

My guess would be that the Save was done before Assets were Imported and placed in the Timeline. I have never heard of Assets being lost, but that does not mean that it has never happened.

Good luck,

Hunt