7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 12:35 AM by digitalreply

No narration track recorded when I speak

wongsta

Hi - I realize there has been a few threads along this line but I havent been able to track down the solution for my predicament.

I am using a Logitech USB headphone and mic set - when I talk in the Narration Audio box the VU levels go up and down but when I run with the video and narrate no narration track is created. I am using Elements 8.0. Does it need a separate non-USB mic to make this work with a separate set of head phones to monitor?

Thanks 4 any help

• 1. Re: No narration track recorded when I speak
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements usually doesn't recognize USB connected audio devices. A microphone plugged into your audio card, however, should work just fine.

• 2. Re: No narration track recorded when I speak
            wongsta Level 1

Hi Steve - I thank you for your helpful response. I have spent hours today struggling to get a Narration onto a fairly lengthy training video I have put together over the last few days. I was unable to get Premiere to record narration using a USB mic headset or a std mic plugged into the mic input on the video card. After a while I tried just putting together a new project with a few video clips from the long one I have done and bingo - it all works fine.

There must be something wrong with my big project that is stopping the narration from recording at all - do you think there a way to tackle this problem without doing the whole project all over again and doing the narration along the way to make sure it works? It will be a big job to redo - can do but I am on a very tight timeline.

Any thoughts - is there a tool I can run over the project that may find the problem - hopeful huh!!!

• 3. Re: No narration track recorded when I speak

If you're using a standard plug-in mike, check two settings in Premiere Elements:

1) Go to Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware and click the ASIO Settings button. Ensure that the program's configuration matches your computer's.

2) On the Narration panel, click on the little microphone in upper right corner. This opens up the configuration for this function. Ensure that the jack your microphone is plugged into is selected and you should be good to go!

(These clever tips are from my books, by the way! )

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: No narration track recorded when I speak
                wongsta Level 1

Hi Steve

I will look out for that book!

Can u tell me is it possible to import Titles from one project to another - I am recreating my project and dont want to re-create the many titles I created in the other project?  Thanks

• 5. Re: No narration track recorded when I speak

You should be able to click to select a title and then, under the File menu, select the option to export it as a title -- which you can then import into another project.

At least you USED to be able to. Unless that was one of the features disabled in version 8.

• 6. Re: No narration track recorded when I speak
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

If this does not work, then you can record the narration in the free audio-editing utility, Audacity, and then Import the resultant file into PrE. You can drag that to any empty Audio Track, including the Narration Track. A few users have had issues with the Narration Track, and the "fix" has been to just use an empty Audio Track, OTHER THAN the Narration Track.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: No narration track recorded when I speak
                      digitalreply Level 1

Reply to the Titles query -

Yes its possible in PRE8(as was in earlier versions) to use titles created in one project in another in PRE8.

You can go to the project view i.e. (Organize, and then Project optopn) select the created title and then go to File > Export > Title.

This would create a prtl file. And this can then be imported into the new project and used.

Thanks.