9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 11:07 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere won't open, I get an error

AoiNoYugure

I have adobe premiere pro CS4 and everytime I try to open it I get an error saying "Adobe premiere pro was unable to communicate with the process "ImporterProcessService". Restarting your computer may fix this problem".

I have restarted serveral times and uninstalled and reinstalled premiere serverial times.

My drivers are all up to date.

I have NO clue what to do, I have even checked if it was the licinsing.

Any ideas?

• 2. Re: Premiere won't open, I get an error
          AoiNoYugure Level 1

following details:

The

codecs used in your source clips: Divx

ACM    FmtTag: 0x0011        IMA ADPCM CODEC for MSACM    msacm.imaadpcm    0x00200000    quartz.dll --> imaadp32.acm

ACM    FmtTag: 0x0006        Microsoft CCITT G.711 (A-Law and u-Law) CODEC for MSACM    msacm.msg711    0x00200000    quartz.dll --> msg711.acm

ACM    FmtTag: 0x0055        MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM    msacm.l3acm    0x00200000    quartz.dll --> l3codeca.acm
          ACM    FmtTag: 0x028e        Messenger Audio Codec    msacm.siren    0x00200000    quartz.dll --> sirenacm.dll
          ACM    FmtTag: 0x0160        DivX;-) Audio Codec    msacm.divxa32        quartz.dll --> DivXa32.acm

ACM    WMAudioV2    DivX;-) Audio Codec    msacm.divxa32        quartz.dll --> DivXa32.acm
          ACM    FmtTag: 0x0055        Lame MP3 codec engine    msacm.lameacm    0x00200000    quartz.dll --> LameACM.acm

VFW    XVID    Xvid MPEG-4 Codec    vidc.xvid    0x00200000    quartz.dll --> xvidvfw.dll
          VFW    IYUV    Intel IYUV codec    vidc.iyuv    0x00200000    quartz.dll --> iyuv_32.dll
          VFW    FFDS    ffdshow Video Codec    vidc.ffds    0x00200000    quartz.dll --> ff_vfw.dllVFW    DIVX    DivX 6.8.5 Codec (2 Logical CPUs)    vidc.divx    0x00200000    quartz.dll --> divx.dll
          VFW    CVID    Cinepak Codec by Radius    vidc.cvid    0x00200000    quartz.dll --> iccvid.dll
          DSH    Audio    Messenger Audio Codec    {6A08CF80-0E18-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}    0x00200000    quartz.dll

1. Premiere Pro: CS4
            1. Version number: 4.0.0
            2. Installation language: English
            3. Updates applied: None?
            4. Project/sequence settings: I don't know?
          2. Operating System
            1. Name: Windows 7
            2. Update/patch level: Highest one out. 
            3. Installed language: English?
            4. Display resolution and color depth.: 1024 X 768
          3. CPU type and speed: Amd, 2.70
          4. Amount of memory (RAM: 4 gigs
          5. Video card
            1. Manufacturer: ATI
            2. Mode: radeon HD 3200
            3. Driver versio: 8.630.0.0
          6. Number of monitors (displays) in use: 1
          7. Audio card
            1. Manufacture: ATI
            2. Model: ATI HD
            3. Driver version: 5.0.7000.4
          8. Each hard drive's capacity and space remainin: C: 581/526   
          9. Comprehensive list of third-party plug-ins you installed: g15 keyboard, Logitech speakers, Genius Tablet, Razor laser mouse
          10. Exact text of any error messages: "Adobe premiere pro was unable to communicate with the process  "ImporterProcessService". Restarting your computer may fix this  problem".
          11. Explain clearly what you want to do, what you are doing and what the result is: Get it to work and actually open...?
          12. Be sure to mention if it is something that worked before using  the same procedure: No? But CS4 flash worked fine when I had it.
          13. Very importantly: Post details of troubleshooting you have  already done to avoid "did that" reponses to questions people ask when  trying to help: Restart my computer, check for outdated drivers, fix the licinsing.
          • 3. Re: Premiere won't open, I get an error
            Harm Millaard Level 7

DivX is a delivery format, not suitable for editing. You need to convert that to MS DV AVI type2. Use Google to find a suitable converter. Even that may not be enough, because your system does not meet minimum requirements.

• 4. Re: Premiere won't open, I get an error
              AoiNoYugure Level 1

No, my system has MORE than the minimum requirements,

I'm able to and I am, running the full versions of flash CS4, Photoshop CS4 and other things as Visual basics and what not.

I have over a terrabyte in RAM, all my system ratings are over 5.0, my processor speeds are fine where they are.

So I don't see what problem I could have with opening Adobe Premiere CS4, all it can say is "unable to communicate" with that Freaking process.

• 5. Re: Premiere won't open, I get an error
                Harm Millaard Level 7

You definitely have a weird setup. You are the first in this community with 1 TB of RAM, most would like to have 1 or 2% of that amount, say 12 or 24 GB. You must have around 256 DIMM slots on your mobo. What model is it? Or are you using a cluster of blades?

Your screen resolution is less than the required 1280 x 900 resolution. Do you have TWO physical 7200 RPM SATA disks? With 1 TB of RAM, I would expect at least 100+ TB of storage. Out of curiosity, what do you use, HP StorageWorks in a 19" rack, 256 or 384 Cheetah 15K.7 disks? Running Server 2008  with ESX?

• 6. Re: Premiere won't open, I get an error
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

One comment - Photoshop takes far fewer resources, than does an NLE (Non Linear Editor). Saying that PS runs great is not an indicator that PrPro will do that on the same machine.

This ARTICLE will give you some tips on setting up your computer and preparing for an editing session.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Premiere won't open, I get an error
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is an ARTICLE that might be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Premiere won't open, I get an error
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is another similar ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Premiere won't open, I get an error
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is yet another ARTICLE.

Happy reading,

Hunt