3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 7:05 AM by toadstool100

Horizontal menu bar

toadstool100

I don't use the Horizontal Menu Bar much and now I know why.

I am trying to position one under a 100px header and it won't budge.

When I first inserted it, it appended itself to the end of the header width: 955px; height: 100px;  e.g. positioned on the far Right Hand Side of the 1004 width webpage.

So far I've tried modifying

ul.MenuBarHorizontal (top: 100px;)  - no apparent change
      ul.MenuBarHorizontal li (added top: 105px;) the menu bar stayed far right, but moved down the page 105px;

ul. MenuBarHorizontal ul (added top: 100px;) - no apparent change

ul. MenBarHorizontal ul ul ( margin 105px 0 0 0); - no apparent change

The modification seems to have stretched the container of the MenuBar Item now the box is about 1030px by 200px at a guess and the

Spry Menu Bar: MenuBar1 (blue rectangle) is still situated at the top left hand corner of the header rather than below the header as I assume it should be.

I have only a week to finish this webpage and a number of other problems to solve (e.g. how to centre the website in any resolution, which so far has also failed) so any assistance would be appreciated.

I've tried searching for information on repositioning menu bars and so far can only find information on how to centre it horizontally, which didn't help.  I'm not a great fan of Dreamweaver maybe someone can help improve it's image and remove one frustration?

• 1. Re: Horizontal menu bar
          Ken Binney-GnPIX3 Level 4

There is zero useful information in your post.

Please readhttp://forums.adobe.com/thread/470404

Especially the part that reads:

Short, focused questions tend to get answered more quickly. If your problem concerns a web page that doesn't display as expected, upload the page to a public website and give the URL. But don't post links to anything you don't want indexed by a search engine. Create a test folder on the site, and remove the page when the problem has been solved.

• 2. Re: Horizontal menu bar
            toadstool100 Level 1

Sorry

Can you at least tell me what topic I should look at/search for to find out

how to REPOSITION horizontal menu bars UNDER other items.  It keeps going to

the right hand side of my banner.  I gave the width to indicate how far to

the right e.g. ALL the way.

Basically, I don't know how to REPOSITION Horizontal menu bars so they are

not at the top and not at the far right off the right hand side of my

webpage.

I would appreciate it if you could explain what I need to search for,

repositioning just shows how to centre/center menu bars not move them down

the page.

I finally tried to canabalise another website, because I couldn't for the

life of me figure it out. That hasn't been very successful

Thanks for the message, but really it is as effective to me as you say my

post was.

I'm a beginner with this function.  So far we've both lost out.

Frustrated

• 3. Re: Horizontal menu bar
              toadstool100 Level 1

Sorry (the first message is garbled a bit- I've wasted a whole day on this

problem.  I won't be going to bed tonight because of it and I've three other

projects with deadlines.)

>

Can you at least tell me what topic I should look at/search for to find out

how to REPOSITION horizontal menu bars UNDER other items.  It keeps going to

the right hand side of my banner.  I gave the width of the banner to

indicate how far to the right this was e.g. ALL the way.

>

Basically, I don't know how to REPOSITION Horizontal menu bars so they are

not at the top and not at the far right hand side of my webpage.

I would appreciate it if you could explain what I need to search for,

"repositioning tutorials" just show how to centre/center menu bars not move

them down the page.

>

I finally tried to canabalise another website, because I couldn't for the

life of me figure it out. That hasn't been very successful

>

Thanks for the message, but really it is as effective to me as you say my

post was.

I'm a beginner with this function.  So far we've both lost out.

>

Frustrated

>