3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 11:57 AM by cdnatadobe

NTSC DVD Templates not installed

cdnatadobe Level 1

Hello!  I'm in the U.S. and if I recall right, on installation the default setting is DV-NTSC and I let it go at that.  I don't think I got it wrong.  On trying to edit some templates in Photoshop, though, I noticed that all the template filenames are for "pal_s" and "pal_w".  This happened even with a second attempt of a Complete Install of the Content disc.  Has something in the software changed that converts the previews and final output to your project setting of NTSC, or do I have to get another serial number, uninstall, and reinstall?

- Chris in Virginia

• 1. Re: NTSC DVD Templates not installed
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Chris,

Not sure of which version of Pr you have, but it must be prior to PrPro 2.0, the last version to include Menus and Templates fro DVD production.

Normally, with an installation, the full compliment of Functional Content (Adobe's name for the Menus, Templates, etc.) is installed. Did you install from a download file, or from a DVD? The reason that I ask this is that with the downloads, there is a second file, with a built-in installer and it will add the additional materials. From the DVD, I would do a Repair Install, and when you get to the version of Pr, choose Install Functional Content.

Please tell us your exact version, plus how you installed, download, or from a DVD.

You should have both PAL and NTSC. Now, in PrElements  all Menus/Templates are PAL, but the program will convert to NTSC. You don't have Elements, do you?

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] Oops, this was accessed from the Premiere forum, and not from the Elements forum. Odd. Obviously, you DO have Elements. The Templates ARE in PAL, and PrE will convert to NTSC for you. Note: in PrE, you are dealing with two things: semi-automatic authoring and also Menu Sets, that are used. When one edits in PS, there are many, many more considerations for PrE Menu Templates, as so much is semi-automatic.

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt - Added [Edit]

• 2. Re: NTSC DVD Templates not installed
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Now that I have gotten oriented to where I am in the fora, this ARTICLE might give you a bit of detail on some of the idiosyncracies in editing PrE Menu Sets. Please tell us what you are trying to edit.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: NTSC DVD Templates not installed
              cdnatadobe Level 1

Thanks Dave.  That's kind of what I was suspecting, that in Elements, or at least by this version, there'd be a auto-software override.  The Adobe document I saw was for Pro 2.0, and was three years old.