7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2010 7:22 AM by bjf5242635

Adobe Updater Error Message

bjf5242635 Level 1

For several weks now any time the Adobe Updater tries to run I get the attached error message.  It occurs no matter which Adobe program I am in nor whether it is an automatic update or a manual one.  I have tried changing my Firewall settings and this has not helped.  Does anyone have any ideas what to do and how to correct this?  I looked through the forums and did not see this problem listed.  BJinNM

adobe_error_message.jpg

• 1. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message
          Ankush Ved Level 4

Hi BJinNM,

It seems that you are running Windows Vista machine, can you please attach the log files to this thread which can be obtained from the below location from your machine:

C:\Users\<CurrentUserName>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Updater6\aum.txt

C:\Users\<CurrentUserName>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Updater6\aumLib.txt

Thanks & Regards,

Ankush

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message
            bjf5242635 Level 1

Hi.  I am actually running a 32-bit Windows 7 machine but I did find two similar files where you said to look.  I hope they are what you want.  However I don't see any way to attach files.  I see where you attach images and videos but not files.  Thank you for taking time to try to help me here.  BJinNM

• 3. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message
              bjf5242635 Level 1

I am going to attached the files you asked for to this direct email reply.  As I said in my reply on the forum, I did not see where I could attach a file there.  Thank you again for your help.  I better repeat what I said that I am running a 32-bit Windows 7 machine.  BJinNM

• 4. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message
                Ankush Ved Level 4

Hi BJinNM,

I see that there is an error message shown on the Adobe Forum that they have temporarily suspended attaching files in the forum thread. Therefore I am sharing my official email ID with you through a Private Message which you can see from the You Stuff link at the top.

Please send me over the log files on my email ID.

Thanks,

Ankush

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message
                  Ankush Ved Level 4

One straight forward condition where this error message does appear is when your machine is not connected to internet. I assume that you have already checked that, right?

Regards,

Ankush

• 6. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message
                    Priyanka_Azad Adobe Employee

Try the simple steps-

1. Open Network and Sharing Center
                    2. Click  Change adapter settings
                    3. Right-click  the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport  Adapter, and click Disable.
                    4. Open  PSE or any app Adobe and Help > Check for Updates

HTH

• 7. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message
                      bjf5242635 Level 1

Thank you so much, Ankush!  I know the back and forth emails didn't appear on this forum since I couldn't send you the attachments you need but I wanted to publically say thanks.  Another one of your tech guys just posted the same solution done below (email from HTH) so it shows on this thread now.  I apppreciate your persistence and all your help.

BJinNM