7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2010 7:22 AM by bjf5242635 RSS

Adobe Updater Error Message

bjf5242635 Community Member

For several weks now any time the Adobe Updater tries to run I get the attached error message.  It occurs no matter which Adobe program I am in nor whether it is an automatic update or a manual one.  I have tried changing my Firewall settings and this has not helped.  Does anyone have any ideas what to do and how to correct this?  I looked through the forums and did not see this problem listed.  BJinNM

adobe_error_message.jpg

• 1. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message
          Ankush Ved Community Member

Hi BJinNM,

It seems that you are running Windows Vista machine, can you please attach the log files to this thread which can be obtained from the below location from your machine:

C:\Users\<CurrentUserName>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Updater6\aum.txt

C:\Users\<CurrentUserName>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Updater6\aumLib.txt

Thanks & Regards,

Ankush

• 2. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message

Hi.  I am actually running a 32-bit Windows 7 machine but I did find two similar files where you said to look.  I hope they are what you want.  However I don't see any way to attach files.  I see where you attach images and videos but not files.  Thank you for taking time to try to help me here.  BJinNM

• 3. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message

I am going to attached the files you asked for to this direct email reply.  As I said in my reply on the forum, I did not see where I could attach a file there.  Thank you again for your help.  I better repeat what I said that I am running a 32-bit Windows 7 machine.  BJinNM

• 4. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message

Hi BJinNM,

I see that there is an error message shown on the Adobe Forum that they have temporarily suspended attaching files in the forum thread. Therefore I am sharing my official email ID with you through a Private Message which you can see from the You Stuff link at the top.

Please send me over the log files on my email ID.

Thanks,

Ankush

• 5. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message

One straight forward condition where this error message does appear is when your machine is not connected to internet. I assume that you have already checked that, right?

Regards,

Ankush

• 6. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message
                    Priyanka_Azad Employee Hosts

Try the simple steps-

1. Open Network and Sharing Center
                    2. Click  Change adapter settings
                    3. Right-click  the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport  Adapter, and click Disable.
                    4. Open  PSE or any app Adobe and Help > Check for Updates

HTH

• 7. Re: Adobe Updater Error Message

Thank you so much, Ankush!  I know the back and forth emails didn't appear on this forum since I couldn't send you the attachments you need but I wanted to publically say thanks.  Another one of your tech guys just posted the same solution done below (email from HTH) so it shows on this thread now.  I apppreciate your persistence and all your help.

BJinNM