5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 12:24 PM by nealeh

Export Help for PE8 to Quicktime

terrijdot

Hi -

I am a bit over my head and need some video output advice!

I put together a webinar in my new Premier Elements 8 and I've tested no less than a dozen output fomats and I'm not getting the results that I need.  The images look great  but the text looks fuzzy.  I am working with a series of still images (which inlcude the text) and an audio track.  Here was my process:

- The webinar was built in Powerpoint which I then exported each slide to a TIFF file (resolution for each looks good)

- I then brought in the individual images as media and added the audio track, adjusting timing accordingly

- The finished webinar is long - 41 minutes.  I need to export this to .mov for Quicktime for playback that will stream through a website

I've tested a 30 second piece with both of the existing Quicktime presets and neither one produces clear enough text.  I've tried MPEG in HD and it looks much better, but of course that's a huge file that will then need to be compressed into Quicktime, so that doesn't seem ideal either.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much.....

Video Novice

• 1. Re: Export Help for PE8 to Quicktime
          terrijdot Level 1

A little more info..

Each of my image files are at 960x720 resolution.  I read that the ideal resolution for still images in video is 1000x750, so I"m close.

• 2. Re: Export Help for PE8 to Quicktime
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, the transition from PowerPoint to Premiere Elements is not a smooth one. PowerPoint  just doesn't produce a clean enough image, and, once your stills are reduced to video resolution, the text invariably never looks clean enough in Premiere Elements.

The best solution is to recreate the slides in Premiere Elements with the titler.

I'm sure you don't want to do that though, since it's a 40 minute presentation.

So second best solution is to use a slideshow creator, like Pro Show Gold. It won't give you video -- but it will produce a very clean slideshow from you slides.

• 3. Re: Export Help for PE8 to Quicktime
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I have found that for sharp images from PowerPoint, I really need to recreate them from the images and with Titles in the NLE. I will most often just recreate these in Photoshop, and Save_As a PSD. The quality from PowerPoint, as Steve says, is mediocre at the very best.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Export Help for PE8 to Quicktime
                terrijdot Level 1

Thank you Steve and Bill.  I guess it's better to learn at some point, even late in the process.    Thank you both very much!!

• 5. Re: Export Help for PE8 to Quicktime
                  nealeh Level 5

Steve Grisetti wrote:

Unfortunately, the transition from PowerPoint to Premiere Elements is not a smooth one. PowerPoint  just doesn't produce a clean enough image

Getting a clean image out of PowerPoint (or other elements of Ms Office) always proved difficult (I believe) because of the Metafile format. This always seemed to dupe most image capturing software (pixellation, tears, noise, false colour backgrounds).

However there has always been one piece of software, on every Windows PC sold, that deals with it beautifully - the oft derided MS-Paint application. I've always been able to get a good clean image by copying an image from PowerPoint, pasting it into MS-Paint and then saving it out as .BMP for further processing. There is a symmetry here with PRE workflows - trying to get an image into a format that can be easily edited.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children