• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to import X5 HTML into RoboHelp6?

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2007 Sep 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I'm considering upgrading to RH6 is to keep the hyperlinks active when I create printed documentation. RH6 does this, but only if the document was created in or imported to, RH6 -- at least that has been my experience while testing with the free demo from Adobe. Since the document is HUGE, importing all of these files and re-creating the TOC, Index, and Glossary the way they used to be is daunting. Any suggestions would be most welcome! A little history: The document I inherited was orignally created in Frame, then imported into RX5. Please Help! -- Kat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 12, 2007 Sep 12, 2007
Thanks for the reply Rick. Actually I think it was user error. I forgot to check RETAIN HYPERLINKS when generating printed documentation. DUH! At least I can admit when I've been a doofus. . .So it wasn't the topic limit, it was user mind limit. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kat

I'm guessing that what you are seeing here is a limitation of the trial. You are limited to a total of 25 topics in the trial version. So perhaps these links are missing for the simple reason that you are exceeding the 25 topic limit!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rick. Actually I think it was user error. I forgot to check RETAIN HYPERLINKS when generating printed documentation. DUH! At least I can admit when I've been a doofus. . .So it wasn't the topic limit, it was user mind limit. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
All's well that ends well, eh?

Glad you got it sorted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp